Friday, August 8, 2008

Listening to the New Testament



My husband is not a reader like me. One, he just is not a reader by nature, but two,he doesn't have time to. However, he has made a goal of reading the Bible. So as a gift I purchased him this audio version of the New Testament. The nice thing about this version is that many famous people read the parts including Richard Dreyfus, Lou Gosset, and Stacy Keach. This diversity and fine reading makes it interesting for him to listen to during his commute to Mass. It has even intregued the kids and they enjoy listening in the truck. I like listening, reading, and talking about scripture as each time it seems I learn a little more and yet know almost nothing.

"Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready." 1 Corinthians 3:1-2

And my family and I admit that we still have a lot of preparation to do and we are willing to work on it.



Do any of you have suggestions for a good audio version of the Old Testament?

No comments: