Thursday, August 14, 2008

Moving Under God's Direction

One of the houses that we have been looking at has dropped by 50k. Now you would think that I would be excited about this, instead my heart sunk. Without our house selling, there is no way that we can purchase the house. What does this have to do with faith? DD saw my response and wrote a blog about faith on our joint blog acupofteawithmomandme.blogspot.com about Having faith as it regarded to the home sale. She reminded me of Romans 8:28


"all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."


and of Psalm 139. On the other hand, a joke that I once heard came to mind:

There was a man who lived by a river as the rains came. An announcement came over the radio for all residents to move from the area because torrential floods were on there way, but the man said, “I have my Bible and I pray to God. He will protect me. I am going nowhere.”

The rains came and the water rose on his house. He had to move to the second floor to avoid the waters. A boat of rescuers came around, “Come with us, sir. We are evacuating. It is bad now, but the rains are going to continue. Your house may be swept away”
The man responded shaking his Bible out the window, “I have my Bible and I pray to God. He will protect me. I am going nowhere!”

As the rescuers had predicted, the rains continued. The man was forced out on his roof. Fortunately, the rescuers had not forgotten him. They came by in a helicopter. “Sir, you must come now. You have nowhere left to go. More waters are coming. Please come with us.”
“You don’t understand. I have my Bible and I pray to God. He will protect me. I am going nowhere.” He flagged the helicopter away. The rains continued, eventually overtaking his roof. He was washed away and died.

When he reached heaven and standing face to face with God, he asked, “I don’t understand. I believed. I had faith. Why am I dead? I waited for you to save me.”
God replied, “Who do you think made sure that you were warned and sent the rescuers not just once but twice?”

* * * Would you believe while I was writing this a car just drove down my driveway, checked out the house, and drove away. We have a 200 foot driveway and live on a dead end. You don’t drive down our driveway by mistake!

So please join me in a prayer:

Dear God, It seems to me that my family and I are supposed to move. We asked for your guidance and You provided us with a job, when we weren’t sure that there would be one. Not only did you provide us with it, we were truly blessed with it. Thank you for providing. Now we are trying to follow and resettle, but our home has yet to sell. We have taken our steps, but still we are caught between these two places. We know that You have a plan and that we must learn to relax and trust. And so, I ask you to watch over us and help us to continue to have faith. Do not give me what I necessarily wish, but instead what You know is right. Help us to be faithful and understand your bidding. Amen

No comments: