Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Creationism vs Evolution

Ds has started 7th grade in our church Sunday school. This is a big deal because the 7th grade teacher is very serious and very literal in his biblical teachings. Ds is very nervous about this teacher. Teachers before Mr. R have been smiley and helpful. Mr. R. (although I personally know him to be very friendly) come across very conservative. He almost always has a suit on with a bow tie. His posture is perfect and he is often known to crrect the students’ English.

“Can I go to the bathroom, Mr. R?”

“I don’t know. Can you? May you is a whole other question.”

DS survived his first class with Mr. R without any complaints but with homework. Ready for this . . . This could either be your 7th grade Sunday school homework or a Nobel Prize winning thesis. “Which do you believe to be true: creationism or evolution? Bring in proof to support your choice.”

So I asked DS his opinion so that we could start working on his project. Without batting an eye, he replied, “I believe in both. I think they are both right.” I figure with a response like that next Sunday may be very interesting. Maybe I can talk DH into staying at the campsite just a little longer.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Thanks for excellent blog.I'm happy to find useful blog share in my friends. Private Tutor Boca Raton THANK YOU